I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought Windex. I stopped using it about two years ago when I learned about all the harmful ingredients it contains. A few of these toxic substance include ammonium hydroxide, ethanolamine, and propylene glycol. Ammonium hydroxide can cause severe irritation to the skin and eyes as well as respiratory problems when inhaled. Ethanolamine has been shown to cause liver and kidney damage when inhaled. Propylene glycol is an ingredient that can also be found in antifreeze. It can cause liver, kidney, and brain problems with long-term exposure. Any cleaning product containing ingredients like this is not one that I want to be using in my home.
- Becca Hurst
We are two sisters from Michigan who are aspiring homesteaders on a journey to live life simply. We aim to share our love for healthy living, nourishing recipes, homesteading, and caring for our families!
Like what you see?
Once a week we introduce you to one of our members, curate the very best of the week's content and alert our readers to giveaways and special promotions!
Sign up here for the weekly awesome!