Submitting a post to the Homestead Bloggers Network website is very simple!
Step 1: Click the SUBMIT button in the top menu. (This button will not appear if you haven’t logged in, but then, neither would this post.)
Step 2: Enter the information in the form.
- Post Title – The title of your post.
- Source – The URL of the post on your site (not just the URL of your website).
- Please Upload an Image – Click the SELECT IMAGE button and upload the image you want to go with your post. (The width and height are up to you for the image, but the file size cannot exceed 1024KB.)
- Please Select a Category – Choose the category that best describes your post.
- Post Summary – Here you will enter a description of your post. This is just a teaser to get the visitors to HBN interested enough to click through to your website to read the rest.
- Please Use 3 to 5 Tags – Use 3 to 5 tags that will describe the basic content of your post, as long as they’re not redundant. In other words, there’s no need to put “garden”, “gardens”, “gardening”. The only one you really need is “garden” – searches will pick up the other ones, too. There’s also no need for hashtags here.
From there just click the SUBMIT button at the bottom, and you’re set!
It’s really THAT simple.
“When will my post go live?”
We schedule posts twice a month – around the 15th and the 30th. If you submit on the 10th of the month, it will get scheduled the 15th, and should go live by the 30th. The exceptions are:
- We try to schedule no more than 10 posts per day.
- We try to schedule no more than one post per person per day.
Keep in mind, you can submit as many posts at a time as you want about any topic (as long as it fits with HBN categories).
If you want to know which posts you have submitted, which ones have gone live, and which are still pending, go to MY DASHBOARD.
You’ll see your featured image, the title of your post, the status (it will say “Pending” (meaning it hasn’t been scheduled yet), “Scheduled” or “Live”). (Note: The example is actually for this post and says “offline” – disregard this.)
You’ll also see Edit and Delete under the Options column. If you see an error in your post (a misspelling or something), click Edit and you’ll be able to edit your post. If for some reason you don’t want your post on HBN any longer, click Delete.